Master of Dutch law (LLM, summa cum laude), Dutch constitutional and administrative law,
University of Groningen, August 2015, average grade: 9.2
Research master (LLM, cum laude), University of Groningen, August 2015, average grade: 8.2
Bachelor Dutch Law (LLB, cum laude), University of Groningen, July 2013, average grade: 8.4
Bachelor Honours College programme, University of Groningen, January 2011 – July 2013
K.J. Cseres & A. Outhuijse, ‘Parallel enforcement and accountability: the case of EU competition law’, in: M. Scholten & M.J.J.P. Luchtman (eds), Cheltenham: Edward Elgar November 2017.
- Outhuijse & J.J.A. Waverijn, case note CBb 3 July 2017, ECLI:NL:CBB:2017:204, AB 2017/296.
- Outhuijse, ‘De wet kwaliteitsborging voor het bouwen is met zomerreces: van de baan of een nieuwe weg?’, Tijdschrift voor Omgevingsrecht 2017(3), pp. 107-116.
J.J.A. Waverijn & A. Outhuijse, case note CBb 11 January 2017, ECLI:NL:CBB:2017:1, AB 2017/237.
- Outhuijse, Kroniek – Bestuurs- en civielrechtelijke rechtspraak mededingingsrecht 2016, SEW 2017-5, pp. 199-210.
- Outhuijse, ‘Effective Public Enforcement of the Cartel Prohibition in the Netherlands: A Comparison of ACM Fining Decisions, District Court Judgments, and TIAT Judgments’, in: A. Looijestijn-Clearie, C.S. Rusu & M. Veenbrink (eds), Boosting the Enforcement of EU Competition Law at the Domestic Level, Cambridge: Cambridge scholars 2017, pp. 26-52.
- Outhuijse, ‘De wisselwerking tussen recht en vertrouwen bij de introductie van privaat bouwtoezicht’, in: H.D. Tolsma & P. de Winter (eds.), De wisselwerking tussen recht en vertrouwen bij toezicht en handhaving, Den Haag: Boom Juridische uitgevers 2017, pp. 71-86.
- Outhuijse, ‘Schikken met de ACM: juiste koers of rechtsomkeert maken’, SEW 2016-12, pp. 510-522.
- Outhuijse, ‘De wet kwaliteitsborging voor het bouwen: het vervolg’, TO 2016-5, pp. 152-156.
- Outhuijse & J. Lindeboom, Case note ABRvS 13 May 2016, ECLI:NL:RVS:2016:1384, AB 2016/356.
- Outhuijse, Kroniek – Bestuurs- en civielrechtelijke rechtspraak mededingingsrecht 2015, SEW 2016-6, pp. 262-271.
- Outhuijse, ‘De introductie van private partijen in het bouwtoezicht. Waar moeten we om denken?’, TO 2016-3, pp. 79-90.
J.H. Jans & A. Outhuijse, ‘‘Front-door’ versus ‘back-door’ lawmaking’, in: S. Comtois, & K.J. de Graaf (eds), On law making and public trust, The Hague: Eleven international publishing 2016, pp. 21-30.
- Peters & A. Outhuijse, Proces- en vonnisafspraken: Een rechtsvergelijkend onderzoek uitgevoerd in opdracht van het Landelijk Parket en het Functioneel Parket, 2016.
J.H. Jans & A. Outhuijse, ‘Property and Environmental Protection in the Jurisprudence of the Court of Justice of the European Union’, in: G. Winter (ed), Property and Environmental Protection in Europe, Avosetta Series, Groningen: Europa Law Publishing 2016, pp. 42-55.
J.H. Jans & A. Outhuijse, ‘Property and Environmental Protection in the Netherlands’, in: G. Winter (ed), Property and Environmental Protection in Europe, Avosetta Series, Groningen: Europa Law Publishing 2016, pp. 224-232
A. Outhuijse & J. Waverijn, case note Court of Justice 11 September 2014, ECLI:EU:C:2014:2204 (Cartes bancaires), SEW 2015-3.
A. Outhuijse, ‘Wat doet de Nederlandse rechter met het merkbaarheidvereiste na Expedia?’, SEW 2014-9, pp. 391-397.
A. Outhuijse & J.H. Jans, ‘Judicial Review of Decisions of the Dutch Competition Authority’, in: W. De Vroe et al (eds), Mundi et Europae civis; Liber Amicorum Jacques Steenbergen, Brussel: Larcier 2014, pp. 265-279.
A. Outhuijse & J.H. Jans, ‘Eerstelijns rechterlijk toezicht op boetebesluiten van de ACM’, in: H.B. Winter, A. Tollenaar & A.T. Marseille (eds), Ridderorde; Liber Amicorum Ko de Ridder, Nijmegen: Wolf legal Publishers 2014, pp. 233-245.
J.H. Jans & A. Outhuijse, ‘De afschaffing van de bezwaarfase bij boetebesluiten van de ACM’, SEW 2013-1, pp. 2-11.
J.H. Jans & A. Outhuijse, ‘Advisory objection procedures in the Netherlands: A case study of their usefulness in Dutch competition Law’, in: S. Comtois, & K.J. van Graaf (eds), On Judicial and Quasi-Judicial Independence, Den Haag: Boom Juridische uitgevers 2013, pp. 179-194.
Academic work experience
September 2017 – November 2017 Research stay European University Institute Florence
October 2015 – present PhD researcher at the Department of Administrative Law, Faculty of Law, University of Groningen
Public enforcement of the prohibition of anti-competitive agreements in the Netherlands
March 2015 – present Lecturer Europeanisation of public law, University of Groningen
Second year LLB course on the influence of European law on the administrative law systems of EU member states
April 2012 – August 2015 Junior researcher and student assistant, Department of Administrative Law, Faculty of Law, University of Groningen
Non-academic work experience
- Advisory council journal jurisprudence administrative law (AB) (June 2017 – present)
- Employee journal for European and Economic law (SEW) (February 2016 – present)
- Internship at Anker & Anker criminal lawyers, Leeuwarden (September 2015)
- Internship at ‘De Marwei’ correctional institution, Leeuwarden (October 2014)
- Vice President of the Law Faculty council, University of Groningen (September 2014 – Sept 2015)
- Internship at Stibbe, law firm in Amsterdam (July – September 2014)
- Internship at Plasbossinade, law firm in Groningen (January – February 2014)
- Paralegal at van den Biesen – Kloostra, law firm in Amsterdam (January 2013 – January 2014)
- Legal research to underpin arguments in the cases T-396/09 and T-338/08
- Provided assistance preparing for and during the hearing of cases C-401 to 405/12
- Internship at the Department for Judicial Protection, municipality of Groningen (Jan – May 2013)
- Responsible for the digitalisation of the Dutch Association for Energy Law library (March-May 2012)
- Central Fine Collection Agency (CJIB), Leeuwarden (May – September 2011)
- Groningen University Law Society (November 2010 – July 2015)
- Volunteer Franeker Academie (December 2017 – Present)
- Participant summer school Law & Logic 2017, Harvard Law School and European University Institute
- Member PhD Council, University of Groningen (February 2016 – August 2017)
- Participant summer court Administration of Justice, Public prosecution (June 2015)
- Co-founder think tank international students TBR (March 2015)
- Member of the Selection Committee for Student Representatives of the Law Faculty Council 2015/2016 (February 2015)
- Student Representatives of the Law Faculty Council 2014/2015
- Co-founder and chair of the Activity Committee of the Research Master (May 2014 – August 2015)
- Participant in the Groningen moot court competition (private law) (October – November 2013)
- Representative of the University of Groningen at the Dutch Association for Administrative Law moot court competition 2013 (January – May 2013)
- Participant in the Groningen moot court competition (private law) (November 2012)
- Chair of the Activity Committee of the Honours College (September 2011 – July 2014)
- Volunteer at the Salvation Army (September 2011 – January 2012)
- Citizen panel OM (Public Prosecutor) Friesland (April – December 2011)
Presentation PhD research
- Noleslaw first annual conference, Copenhagen January 2018
- Association social scientific study of law, Groningen January 2018
- Competition law working group European University Institute, Florence October 2017
- Research days department Constitutional and Administrative law University of Groningen, Garnwerd January 2015 and Schiermonnikoog June 2017
- Practice group competition law Stibbe, lunch presentation, April 2016 and March 2017
- The Competition Law Scholars Forum, Reform of Regulation 1/2003 – Effectiveness of the NCAs and Beyond, Warsaw April 2017
- Department Constitutional and Administrative law Leiden University, lunch presentation, January 2017
- Netherlands Institute for Law and Governance, Roundtable forum 2016, Amsterdam November 2016
- Competition commission, Competition Tribunal and the University of Cape Town, The role of Competition Policy on Economic Growth, Cape Town October 2016
- Radboud University Nijmegen, Boosting the Enforcement of EU Competition Law at Domestic Level, Nijmegen June 2016
- Nominated for the Dutch national award Legal Women, Talent of the Year 2016 (final 3)
- Award best thesis study year 2014-2015, Faculty of Law, University of Groningen