Welcome to NoLesLaw
No-Les-Law is a network of scholars who seek to increase the quality, scale, and relevance of legal empirical research. Participants are active in the areas of European, comparative, and international law and apply a wide range of empirical methods, qualitative and quantitative.
Our primary goal is to promote scholarship which
- Explores legal questions in a comprehensive and systematic matter (is legal empirical as opposed to empirical legal)
- Is based on clearly articulated epistemological foundations: what is empirical in legal empirical studies?
- Is transparent
- Is of societal relevance
To this end the network is committed to
- Make high quality research available to the legal community and the civil society
- Promote careers of younger researchers in the field and
- Offer a platform for the development of larger collaborative research projects within the EU and internationally.
Read the European Journal of Legal Studies NoLesLaw Special Issue here.